October 04, 2009

Video Game Geek


I love video games now and I loved them back then. I drew all kinds of Marios and Street Fighters. I even sent Nintendo and Capcom some character designs and pixel illustrations. Nintendo was very classy in their response and told me something to the effect of "keep pushing for your dreams," and they even gave me the addresses of all their publishers. Capcom on the other hand never responded, but I crap you not Yun and Yang, and Elena from Street Fighter 3 are eerily similar to what I sent.

9 comments:

Sam Nielson said...

That gooey egg is so disturbing!
I would love to see a Mario game done with your color and light sensibilities.

Scott said...

If only there was a legal business model for making fan games...

Jason Newkirk said...

this is sooo good. I love the lighting...one small thing that bugs me is Yoshi's eyes...but that's a small nitpick. The color and design overall are very well done. Bravo!

David Cousens said...

I like how you rendered the fire and am deeply disturbed by Yoshi's egg!

Matthew Kobylarek said...

Everyone already touched on this, but the lighting is superb. I really love the feel of the characters. There's a very round smoothness that goes against the normally polygonal characters and I think it works very well!

Sam Howard said...

I love the colors

Amber Leaders said...

I fall in love with Mario, all over again!

Felixantos said...

ahahahhahaha, fabulous!!!!!!funny, mario baby!!!!!ahahhaa

Felixantos

Swetha Sri said...

Excellent Article. Great way to explore your ideas and its seems to be helpful to everyone. Visit our website
home appliances showrooms in coimbatore
ac showrooms in coimbatore
refrigerator showrooms in coimbatore
LED TV showrooms in coimbatore
buy washing machine in coimbatore